
Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma were here this week. It was great! Great-Grandpa was an instant hit with Allen. I mean, instant! And the baby warmed up pretty quickly to Great-Grandma.
And talk about kismet: Just as they were in town, there was a Czech Festival going on! So, Steve took them and the kids down to south St. Louis for an afternoon of goulash and polkas, and stuff like that. Emilyn learned some great Czech phrases.. none of which were dirty! I think!
The Rencs also got to be here for Emilyn's SWAPS night... That's Girl Scout-ese for "Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere" -- and that's just what they are... Emilyn has a hat now covered with them. One of them has a little tic-tac-toe board, and Great-Grandpa taught her how to win every time.
Great-Grandma also bought Emilyn some "Magic Tree House" books, so that little girl was happy as a clam. I'm thinking about setting up a log-on for her soon, so she can post her own stuff here. As you know, she has her own voice!
Saturday, April 8, 2006
A "Great" visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I know my mother was absolutely intrigued by Emilyn and in awe of Allen. I'm glad they finally got out there!! Great-Grandma needs some smiles from time to time. I don't think she'll be smiling anytime soon because she's having all her top teeth (8) pulled tomorrow morning to be replaced with a bridge. Shoot me before I go through that!!! The lesson is, make sure your kids visit a dentist regularly. Of course, Allen needs to have a few teeth first......
Post a Comment