Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Hon. Rep. Emilyn Crabbe, 2-Niles

The ballots have been counted -- no hanging chad here. Emilyn has been chosen Student Council representative from Miss Niles' class!

The candidates were judged by their classmates on five characteristics: Respect, cooperation (Emilyn rhymes "coop" with "poop"), leadership, responsibility and effective communication. And Emilyn came out on top! Her friend from class last year, Ian, came in second and will be the alternate.

Brownie bloc: An aside... It was a sweep for Emilyn's Brownie troop! All three second-grade classes will be represented by members of Troop 289... Emilyn, Katherine and Madison will be holding the reins of power for the entire grade. Were cookie bribes involved? Someone appoint a special counsel!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll all say cooperation just like we all say nucular.

Jennie said...

I'm still pushing for "wambanope." That's much better than "envelope." Too bad she doesn't say that anymore...

Anonymous said...

I would say that Emilyn has cornered the market on effective communication! From class rep to first woman President. Step aside, Hillary!!!

I remember someone saying 'car ya-ya' for a while. I'm sure I'll think of a few more.....