Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Emilyn's an A-plus kid!

We just had our conference with Mrs. Stasen, Emilyn's teacher... She did nothing but gush about our girl. She said if she could clone her and sprinkle her around the classroom, she would! She also lent Emilyn a treasured book from her childhood, "The Boxcar Children." She said she never would have sent that book home with any other kid!

On her report card, Emilyn got an A in reading, writing, math, science and social studies. Here's a little excerpt from Mrs. Stasen's comments:

"Emilyn has had a terrific start to third grade. She is a very hard worker, and it shows in all she does. Emilyn is doing a wonderful job in Writing Workshop. ... Her piece, "Allen Goes to the Zoo," was filled with descriptive language and details. Math is another strength for Emilyn. She is able to fluently compute addition, subtraction and multiplication problems. ... Emilyn has a wonderful smile and is a pleasure to have in class.

(If I can get my hands on a copy of "Allen Goes to the Zoo," I'll be sure to share it here.)

So, she's earned a big trip to Krispy Kreme for all this great work. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh, I forgot. She also got her report card for "Suzuki," her violin unit. Mrs. Chow gave her all 3s and 4s out of 4. 3s for aptitude and 4s for attitude. Way to go, kiddo! We can't wait to hear you play in the spring!

Anonymous said...

I don't exactly know why, but I think it must have something to be with being the child of a "night-side" Mom. Be careful, or in few years Emilyn will be heading off to someplace like Boston University or Stanford! Congrats to all! L.L.

Anonymous said...

Emilyn has a creative mind and she uses it well. I can't wait to hear her play in the spring either.