Summer is off to a great start, I'd say... Daddy got two extra days off for a great audit at work (attaboy!). He and Emilyn cleaned up her room super-good, with two garbage cans full of stuff thrown away! While I went to see "Indiana Jones" yesterday, Daddy and the kids went to the train museum and got caught in a bit of a downpour.
And we've been playing this great game that Emilyn got a couple birthdays ago, Whoonu.
It's neat! One player is the Whoozit. The other players get cards with items on them (for example: mayonnaise, nail polish, museums, scary movies, pineapple). The players are supposed to pick the cards with the items they think the Whoozit likes best. They put them in the Whoozit's secret envelope. Then, the Whoozit opens the envelope and, not knowing which cards came from which player, puts them in order, least favorite to most favorite. For example, in one group of four cards, Emilyn ranked "mayonnaise" as her most favorite. Because I was the one who put that card in her secret envelope, I was rewarded with four points!
The three of us know each other well, of course, and we've been blowing through the cards in this game for two days now. There's 300 cards, and we're almost done.
Once we get all the way through, we're going to play again, this time putting in the cards we think the other will hate the most. That's when "pineapple" and "coconut" become great for Daddy!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Whoonu?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Next game up: "Apples to Apples." I really like this one, but Emilyn and Steve aren't big fans yet.
Sounds like a fun family time.
Post a Comment