Thursday, September 11, 2008

Allen's first day of school!

There he goes, off to school! He was very amped, as you can see... Daddy came with us for the first day. Once we got there, we reintroduced him to Miss Amy and Miss Janet (my biggest fear was that he would look up about an hour in and realize that I wasn't there! "Who's going to cater to my whims?" he'd think).


We made a quick, no-tears exit. As I'd predicted, he was happy to stay there without us. I actually came home, uploaded some pictures, took a walk, and watched some NFL Network (I just love "Total Access"!). When I got back to school, it was early, so I stood outside and peeked through the window... I actually saw Allen with all the other tots, dancing to "Shake Your Sillies Out." I'd never have thought him capable of such a mortifying display! He's usually so serious! I'm kidding; It was delightful to see him jumping around with the other kids.

When I got in the door, he was the last one to notice that moms were here and it was time to go. He was pretty good about leaving, until we got out the door, and he did a little stomping, saying he didn't want to go home. So, we went around the side of the building, to the window I'd just been peeking in, and we waved to Miss Janet and Miss Amy one more time and headed home. Good day! As Norma predicted, I'm sure he'd like to go back sooner than Thursday!

No comments: