Friday, November 27, 2009

Wild Asilomar, gettin' out of control

Last night, Steve comes in the house with this latest report on the garage mouse: "The little (bleep)er got into the glove box, ate my emergency fortune cookie, and left the fortune." Yes, Steve keeps an emergency fortune cookie in the car. In case he gets trapped in a ditch for a week and no one finds him.

This morning, I awoke at an unpleasant 7 a.m. (no school!!) to horrendous tiny-dog barking. I figure it's the annoying Eskipoos next door. Finally, at 8, I give up... I come out to the kitchen. There's a third ball-of-fluff dog, cousin to the two next door, in MY yard, acting all timber wolf defending my turkey carcass!!! Baring those tiny teeth and making a hell of a growling noise.

This dog can't weigh more than 10 pounds, and I'm afraid it's gonna chew my ankles off if I try to a) get my turkey away or b) pick him up and pitch him over the neighbor's fence!!! Then, one of said neighbor dogs runs over on his side of the fence and starts barking, and that brings the third Eskipoo to life... and finally someone over there comes out to get the damn fluffball. OK, no more turkey carcass in the back yard.

The upside? A certain rodent who favors bird seed and fortune cookies is D-E-D under the Volkswagen this morning. This will make Steve very happy.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

UPDATE: Oh, you knew it was coming... Not one mouse, but many, and Steve says there's babies in the head liner of the Ford! Ewwwwww. Have no idea how to get them to move out, and killing them in there will just raise an ungodly stink. Sigh.

Jeanne said...

Want to borrow my cat?!!!!!!!!!

By the way, how did the big one get DED?

Jeanne said...

Oh, if the one that's DED is the mother, I don't think they'll last long.

Steve said...

2 more today. One had the top of it's head eaten off and the brain removed. I'm a little nervous in the garage now.