Friday, July 15, 2011

From Sweden, with karlek

Karlek, the Swedish word for "love"!

The feeling is apparently mutual for Allen and Månegarm, the Swedish folk metal band that Daddy introduced him to. For months, I have been posting Allen's fan pics on Månegarm's Facebook wall... Allen singing "Himmelsfursten," Allen wielding his Thor hammer, Allen with the Swedish flag he drew all by himself... The band always responds favorably, so I asked them to send Allen an autographed picture.

Well, his mail from Sweden came today, postmarked from Uppsala, with 28 kroners worth of stamps and everything! He got a patch, a keychain and an autographed picture -- with a super-cool personal message on the back! Hednatid, indeed!



Those hard-core rockers have made a little boy's day, that's for sure. I told Allen I can sew the patch on his new shark backpack, when it comes. Reasonably sure he'll be the only kindergartner with heavy metal swag on his backpack!

(P.S. Allen wants July 15th marked on the calendar every year as the day he got mail from Sweden.)

No comments: