Saturday, August 13, 2011

One of us is ready for kindergarten

Well, the fugue state I've been living in hasn't delayed the inevitable: Allen starts full-day kindergarten on Tuesday.

I know he will do great. Just like I knew Emilyn would do great. It's not about logic... it's about sending your baby to school all day, every day! Yikes. But I will make it.

Meanwhile, Meet and Greet day at Sorrento went off without a hitch. Allen saw his new classroom, and we got to see all the new doors and walls throughout the school! It's a bit hard to recognize in places!


Allen's classroom was Mrs. Barrow's when Emilyn was in kindergarten. It's pretty much the same as it was then. But Mrs. Kelley has it stocked with all kinds of cool stuff, which Allen has already gotten a taste of. Including his favorite geometric tiles! And a fabulous map rug! (Geography -- maps and flags -- is his second passion, after science.)


So, he's got a bin and a mailbox and a seat at the green table all ready for him to go on Tuesday. Not to mention his nifty shark backpack and lunch box. And he's been practicing on the playground. He's ready!

No comments: