Allen likes the "Tonight" show theme song. The old "Tonight" show theme song. This all started when he used to fuss in his bouncy seat while I took a shower. When I was done, I'd draw aside the curtain and shout cheefully, "Heeeeere's Mommy!", then break in to some Doc Severinsen. Now, there are several versions of lyrics to the tune. The shower one goes: "There goes my mommy, she's nice and clean. There goes my mommy, she's peachy keen!" But we have others for mealtime: "I love bananas, they're so yummy to me! I love bananas, they grow on a tree!" You get the idea.
Here are some of Allen's other favorite things:
Favorite books: "Hand, Hand, Fingers Thumb," "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" and pretty much any other book that's about making noises. He loves noises.
Favorite toys:
--Kitty-fishy. This is a rattle he got from Grandma for Christmas. It's a Dali-esque little thing with a cat's head and three fish rattling around what would be the cat's esophagus, I think. It's creepy, but he loves it.
--Grammy Fishy. This is a stuffed goldfish that Grammy gave him. It's at least 3/4 his size and very soft and squishy. In fact, it's called a "Flip Flop: Extremely Relaxed Animals." We were lucky enough to find a shark by the same company when we went to the beach. This is now Grammy Shark. I hear there is a Grammy Lobster, Octopus, and more. We will have to check this out. But we must avoid the rampant infestation of stuffed animals that Emilyn has allowed in the house...
--Sweet Teddy Bear. Emilyn always called this one her Sweet Teddy Bear. Allen likes it, too. It's nice and small, with a swell red bow.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Heeeeere's Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I'm glad both Grandma and Grammy are good with picking out baby toys!
Post a Comment