Monday, April 24, 2006

Who's-a so HANDSOME?


If there's one thing I'll miss when I get my digital camera, it's blowing the end of the roll with a photo shoot in the grass. I did this with Emilyn, too. I have dozens of photos of her sitting in the grass, just making her faces. She, as you'll remember, was excellent at sitting still.


But Allen and I make quite the pair when we do this: Me, squealing my now-famous motherly affections at him, trying to get him to smile. Him, lunging at me, trying to eat the camera. Some of the endearments he likes kind of sound like hog calls. The title of this post, "Who's-a so handsome?" is one. Here are some others:
*****

  • "Who's-a doin' it so easy?"
  • "Sa-WEET and BOO-tiful tooKIE!"
  • "How's-a my HAPpy man?"
  • "How's-a my SUweet man?"
  • "This is Mommy's good boy... this is Mommy's sweet man... my sweet man. My sweet, happy man." That one's actually more of a song.

Anyway, these are pretty heart-melting pictures, and clearly his best work to date. So, fire up those printers, gang!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how cute little boys often make us parents into pulitzer prize winning photographers! Great pictures. To think how well documented our lives would have been if our parents had digital cameras.

As it stands now, I think I have - maybe - 100 pictures total of my childhood.

To put in perspective, I just took 100 pictures at Grant's Farm the other day of my son.

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is such a gorgeous kid. He smiles all the time, he's happy, you guys are great! BUT we all ;know he's happy because he has a wonderful big sister!!!!!