Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm having a field day with this thing

OK, it was Emilyn who had the field day. I just watched.

Trouble was, it started very early in the morning, and I missed most of her events. But I was there for the Red team's greatest triumph: the tug of war. They trounced the Blue team and the White team and took first place in first grade. Whoo-hoo! I even learned how to use the movie function on my new camera, and captured the thrill of victory. Now I just have to learn to post video on the site here...

Here's Emilyn, rooting on the Red team from the stands. This was after she'd already competed in three events: Spoon Zoom, Waiter Wars, Stilt Walk. But her greatest triumph was yet to come!


Here's Emilyn and her friends, with Mr. Gehm and Ms. Foston, getting set up for the final event of the day, the tug of war. Get ready, kiddo!

Pull, Team Foston! Pull! A fine field day was had by all. Even Allen, who missed his breakfast to be there.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Doing a little better with the color on these. Probably because of the bright sunlight. But yet, they're grainy. I think that might be because I shrunk them a little too far. I'm getting there, though!

Anonymous said...

I already wrote back about the movie function in another section. I was amazed at myself the first time I did it. Looks like Emilyn had a beautiful day. How was she lucky enough to be on the red (Cardinals) team!

Oh, she told me last night she's been visiting some friends after school, and she sounded excited about it. Other than the impending bad weather, THAT was most of her chatter.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Just saw on the Weather Channel, there WAS bad weather around St. Louis last night.