Friday, December 1, 2006

After the storm



The granddaddy of all ice storms blew through here yesterday... Trees and power lines are down everywhere -- but not here! Hooray for buried lines! So, we're warm, and online, and posting the latest weather shots to you, our public!

Emilyn got sent home early from school yesterday, and today school is canceled, so that's a nice treat for her! She spent some hard time outside this morning playing, until her feet started to freeze, she said. Lots of hot cocoa in her future, I'd say... The low on Monday morning is supposed to be 7.



You may infer from these shots that Allen really enjoyed his first real taste of snow! Well, no. Of the 40 pictures I took, these were the two in which he wasn't crying. It's not the snow, so much, I think, that he hates. It's the jacket. Think Randy in "A Christmas Story."



Here's hoping the town came to plow our circle... Getting out isn't a problem. Just roll downhill! But getting back in... Just ask Steve how that went this morning.

But it sure was pretty. Take a look!

The big ice storm



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about all of you with the storm. Im glad you took pictures, they are amazing. I love Winter storms as long as we are all at home and safe. Im sure Emilyn loved the day off.

Anonymous said...

Ice storms ARE beautiful, as long as you don't have to go anywhere! I can understand Allen's inability to enjoy his new white environment when he can't move!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos....really beautiful

Anonymous said...

Well it was 50-60 degrees this past week here in NY, I guess I do not have to go south for good weather. Just wait for global warming to bring it to me.