Dad used to crack himself up -- and me! -- every Christmas by pretending to misunderstand Christmas carols... He'd holler "Don Wenow!??" as if it was a person's name, not the lyrics of "Deck the Halls." I remember Christmas a few years ago, when he and Mom drove up, I bellowed: "Well, if it isn't Don Wenow and his lady friend, Ancient Yuletide Carol!" Anyway, it was a game of ours to dig through Christmas carols to try to come up with funny names... Here are a few more choice ones:
Shep Ardsinfield
Harold Angelsing
Mary Measure
Round John Virgin
So, this year, as a nod to Dad, why don't you all take a crack at it! Run through all those lyrics yourself, and see if you can come up with a few funny ones. We'd love to hear what you've got!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Don Wenow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







11 comments:
I just thought of another one this morning. Yul Beforus. Big Russian guy. Known to his friends as "Blazin' Yul."
How about the Full sisters
Faith and Joy.
Beth Lehem
Bea Hold
Horst Uppensley
Lord Hascombe
Belle and Bob Tale
Beth Lehem. That's classic!
I must confess, I've been singing Christmas songs to myself since I read this. However, I KNEW that once Laurie read "Don Wenow" she'd be adding a few of her own. Your Dad left an impression, that's for sure. Enjoy!
Merry Andbright
Lettit Snow
(OK. Maybe Lettit's not a real name, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Lettit shows up in one of my sons' classes)
From Kathy:
Marion Bright
Post a Comment