That was her quote as we piled into the car Saturday for Fourth Grade Strings Day, the districtwide orchestra event held at Parkway Central High School. Fourth-graders from all the elementary schools came together to show their stuff and fill the gym with joyful noise! (Actually, there were so many kids that they had to split the day into two concerts. We were in the latter one.)
Some weird things: We saw Miss Amy, Allen's teacher, there... She apparently also has a fourth-grade stringmeister at home. She came all the way across the gym to tell me that Allen can hand out valentines this week in class! Now that's dedication... I kept seeing people that I recognized, then I realized: These were parents of kids Emilyn went to preschool with!!! Freaky to think of these kids all grown up. Emilyn really wanted to go up to her old friend, Ellie, but it got kind of awkward... What do you say to a kid you last saw when you were 5?
Mommy was the cinematographer again, but with one wrinkle: The unrelenting coughing fits!!! Been there, done that. My middle name is Halls. So, much of my footage was ruined. But, we do have some great clips from calmer moments... You can see them all here.
Monday, February 9, 2009
"Let's go see me be awesome!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Emilyn looks and acts like a professional musician. I love the hair! How nice to see all the pre-school kids again, too. She really is doing such a great on the violin and it looks like it's without much effort. I hope she continues.
Post a Comment