Emilyn's great work is once again featured in the district art show, on display right now at Parkway South High School. Good chance for a 10-year-old to have some "teen dreams" about the big school she'll be attending someday! We saw the pool... the big gym... the cafeteria... the whole wing they have for art classes... the whole wing they have for music classes... Big stuff!

Anyway, here's her beautiful lighthouse... If you click on the picture and look closely, in the sand, there's a crab. No one is better at crab drawing than Emilyn! She even taught some friends how to make them!
Also yesterday, I met with Emilyn's teacher and got her report card... All A's! Her grade for science went up to an A from a B. She and her science partner Grace made the most amazing four-room house, wired with electricity -- a light and a switch in every room! It was outstanding, and furnished with Playmobils. Eerily accurate... Mommy lying on the couch, dirty dishes in the sink, Daddy on the toilet... Hmmm. Way to go, kiddo! I'm sure a trip to Krispy Kreme (free donuts for A's) is on the agenda.







3 comments:
Grandma needs to come to get those dishes into the dishwasher!! It's one of those tedious jobs that I love..,.yes, I know I'm a Type A...but sometimes it comes in handy, no?
RE: the electrified house. Do you have it at home?
House has been dismantled... Sadly, no pictures were taken. But it lives on in our hearts!
Post a Comment