Thursday, June 25, 2009

Steve's off-road rash

Steve took a short roll down a long hill today while mountain biking at Castlewood State Park... Then he rode all the way home! He scrubbed the heck out of his leg, then woke me up, gently, from my nap and asked me, nicely, to go to Walgreens for him and get him major first aid supplies for this major off-road rash!



We used a whole roll of tape on this first dressing... Gotta go back and get more if we're going to wrap it again tomorrow!

3 comments:

jeanne said...

I was sorry to hear about the short fall down the long hill! I did ask about Steve, but I forgot to ask about the bike? I guess it wasn't too badly damaged if he rode it home. Stick to level ground for awhile!

Jeanne said...

Any improvement in the leg? I also wondered if a tetanus shot would be a good idea, not that there will be any more spills.....

Jennie said...

it's a lot better... dried out and scabbed over. He even rode 25 miles or so yesterday. He'd just had a tetanus shot, so that's a good thing...