Steve says all airline food should be made in the Czech Republic.
From his journal:
Pushed back at 10:44, watched scary Delta flight attendant video at 10:52. We're moving! Takeoff at 10:58. Na shledanou, Praha!
11:50: Lunch smells great! More clouds over Europe.

England clear. Lunch was great, chicken with mashed potatoes, Czech style. I even had Pilsner Urquell. Was good. Over Northern England. Found out previous flight from JFK had to divert to Atlanta to get a new plane. Suddenly, Allentown doesn't seem so bad.
Boredom sets in somewhere over Greenland.

5:30, Prague time: I see land through a hole in the clouds.
6:55, snack was great too. Turkey sandwich with cheese and onions and peppers, and an ice cream bar. All airline food should be made in the Czech Republic.
7:40 (1:40 in NYC): Landed! Now sitting on the ramp. What an adventure.







2 comments:
It used to be getting the kosher meal was better than the regular meal on airlines. Not so on Cathay Pacific. Going to Viet Nam, I had to watch sadly as Lin enjoyed her hot Asian meal, while I had something bland and not microwaved quite long enough. Learned my lesson on the return flight and switched the regular meal.
That's why I wanted to fly on a foreign flagged carrier over there. I just thought they aren't full of bean counters yet and still care about customers' satisfaction. But the food out of Prague was better than the food out of NYC on the same airline. I'm sure that it was the cheapest that Delta could get, it was just better.
Post a Comment