Friday, June 18, 2010

Prague diary: That magnificent man and his . . .

... Well, you know.

Steve split off from the group Friday to go to the Letecke aviation museum at Kbely. (Yes, the T-shirt Daddy brought home for Allen inspired the name for our new frog! Who has a big belly!)

From Steve's journal:

I took the green line to the red line to the end and waited for the bus. Used basic Czech to ask some kid which bus to take and he showed me the schedule on the wall. Got the right bus and was there in no time.

(I just get such a warm feeling when I think of Steve wandering around alone in a foreign country, using public transit like such a pro! I wish I had been there to see that!)



From Steve's journal:
The older stuff is inside, and the newer stuff is outside getting sun-bleached and faded. The layout was haphazard, but I saw it all and hit the gift shop. Luckily the checkout girl spoke English. The placards were in Czech AND Anglicky. Good time. Glad I went.

After a lot of trains and buses, and a lot of climbing and descending of old stone steps, Steve had rubber legs when he met back up with the rest of the gang in the city. They had been doing some shopping... Together again, they hung out on a cool playground and walked to Lokal, which Helena said was a restaurant with traditional Czech food.

From Steve's journal:
Salami with onions in vinegar sauce was fantastic. Rest was OK too. Emilyn ate a whole sausage, about 6 or 7 inches long, garnished with mustard and grated horseradish. Good beer. Interesting bathroom. Finally home about 11:00 in drizzle. What a day.



For all of the photos from Friday in Prague, click here.

No comments: