Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bill and Laurie at the Japanese Festival

I mentioned that I got my first Labor Day weekend off in, well, forever... And one of the things I always miss while working is the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden.

It's a huge event, and there are always tons of people. I thought Bill and Laurie would like the garden, so off we went.


There are many things to be inspired by... the koi in the lake, the beautiful Japanese garden, the delicious food... and wacky toys and hats!


Emilyn and Allen shopped for real Japanese candy using fake Japanese yen. That was really cool. We got to taste some very odd stuff, like the soda with the glass ball in the bottle that has a five-step instruction sheet to open it!


For the rest of the photos from the garden, click here.

All in all, it was a great visit. I'm so glad they came! We ate a lot of popcorn, a lot of donuts, some excellent pizza (in my opinion) and Ted's finest custard. We crawled in and out of more tight spots than you can shake a length of rebar at. Much Bejeweled was played on the laptop. Much fabric was purchased. Many trains were ogled. And Aunt Laurie provided Allen with lots of "input." Come again any time!

No comments: