Ah, I remember Emilyn's kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin farm. It was so muddy. And cold. And I was soooo sick... I remember clinging to my travel mug of tea...
But the weather and my health are much better now, and Allen and his friends had a great time at Thies!
We got started in the classroom at around 9... We found out Mrs. Kelley had paired us with Allen's friends Shehryaar and Marisa. Good kids to pal around with for the day! All three kindergarten classes piled aboard one bus (Allen's first real ride on a school bus), and we parents hopped in our cars and headed to the pumpkin farm.

After the bus rolled in, we all headed for a quick wagon ride, and then assembled on the straw pyramid for some group photos. Boy, this was asking a lot of those kindergartners, to hold off on the playing, but they were painfully good!

At last, it was time to play. My three guys were all good about picking one thing at a time and sticking where I could keep an eye on them! They really liked the straw maze, the straw pit and the slide with burlap sacks! (Did I mention how badly I wanted a shower when I was done? Itchy and dry!)

After a good long while of playing, we piled back into bus and cars for a Keystone Kops tour of Creve Coeur Lake park... (The place where we were supposed to have lunch was -- surprise -- in the middle of hosting a company picnic!) But, we found our spot, ate our lunches and headed over for more playing, on a playground.
I don't know about the kindergartners, but I sure was exhausted.
To see all the photos from Allen's field trip, click here.







1 comment:
Allen is just having a great Kindergarten experience! He is genuinely happy!
Post a Comment