Friday, March 23, 2012

Determined to spend some time at the beach

The early part of Friday, for Emilyn and me, was taken up by a trip to the movies to see "The Hunger Games."

Now, I didn't really know anything about the worldwide phenomenon of the teen science fiction books, but I really enjoyed the story, and I was proud of Emilyn for handling such grown-up subject matter very well indeed. It's certainly something I would have gobbled up as a teen myself!

Because we went on premiere day, we sprang for D-BOX seats -- which move and vibrate in sync with the action on the screen. Coool! They worked really well during the trailer for "The Avengers." I would love to see that whole movie in D-BOX, with Imax, 3-D and the whole business! But I don't think St. Louis has D-BOX yet. Sigh.

When we got back from the movies, we spied Daddy and Allen doing their best to make a go some beach time on our last day, even though there was sporadic rain, tons of waves, piles of seaweed and mounds of man o' wars. I joined them for a while, and snapped a few pictures.


Oh, well. Almost time to head home. Maybe better weather next year!

No comments: