Rough morning at the oral surgeon's office as Emilyn went under for some work related to her braces. As she went in for the procedure, she calmed down a bit, and the doctor and nurses appreciated the clear, specific questions she asked. She really just wants to know what's going on and feel in control.
After about an hour, they walked her into the recovery room... They waited for her to wake up before we could come in and see her... I know exactly how she felt for this part: When I woke up from having my wisdom teeth out, I just squeezed Dad's hand and cried for about half an hour! I remember it so vividly.
In the end, Emilyn did really well... she's more freaked out by the prospect and effects of the anesthesia than the pain itself. She had four baby teeth removed and a chain attached to a grown-up tooth so it can be pulled down over time with her braces. I'm sure her mouth feels like a foreign country right about now! But there's lots of ice cream and pudding on the menu, and we hope those stubborn teeth will just fall into place very quickly! And she didn't need any of that fancy pain medicine they gave her! So, now we have some liquid codeine in the medicine cabinet, for when The Big One hits!
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Emilyn goes under for oral surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment