As Emilyn started to read real books, I thought: Wouldn't it be great if I had written down in a notebook the title of every book as I had read it, and the dates I started and finished it?
For me and the rest of you serial readers out there, can you imagine how many notebooks we'd have filled by now? And how such an accomplishment would feel, if you were able to look back on it and have such a concrete record of what you'd read?
Well, we can't do that now, can we? And I read pretty much only trashy suspense novels, anyway. BUT, I'd still love to keep track, so I'm starting today -- digitally. It'll be a way for me to remember what I've read, by who, and recommend books to anybody out there who gives a darn... You can use the comments section to do the same for me!
I just finished "One False Move," by Alex Kava. Pretty mediocre tale of a bank robbery gone awry. Lots of divergent characters converging; it reminds you of a 1970s disaster movie. But Kava is a good writer, and I'm tearing my way through her series with Maggie O'Dell, FBI profiler. Which leads me to recommend "A Perfect Evil," the first Maggie O'Dell novel. Good book, and creepy. With a hunky sheriff and a nasty priest!
Stay tuned for my next review, the second Maggie O'Dell book, "Split Second." So far, I like it!
And check out this new feature, below... You'll be able to click on "Jennie's Book Chat" and read them all. Someday. When there are lots more to read.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Jennie's Book Chat: "One False Move"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Very cool idea, Jennie. Years ago, my father challenged me to see after a years time, who had read more...that's all i needed to get me addicted to the written word. at that time, i had started to document what i read yearly...it has been really cool to come across those entries in my various journals...i applaud your 21st century take on this and hope all goes well....will check in often to see if anything catches my attention.......hopefully i can get some reading in before bed starting in the next couple of months!!
I have read all the "Evil" ones, had to take a break, and read trashy romance novels for a awhile. Now I read "how to retire early books"
Excellent. Once you've conquered retiring early, you can get back to the trashy books!
Post a Comment