Thanks to the fine people at Laurie's Shoes/Stride Rite in Chesterfield, our little boy is indeed striding right in a snazzy new pair of sneaks. White and navy, with nifty neon green accents.
As I may have mentioned, I have never been able to fit Allen's foot into any commercially prepared, mass produced shoe. Turns out, his feet aren't medium. They aren't wide. They're XW. Extra wide. We're blaming Daddy, who has always had feet kind of like pancakes. The ladies at Laurie's Shoes could relate. "It's like trying to squeeze a tennis ball into a matchbox," one said. Exactly!
So, we spent 49 big ones on size 6 XW sneakers. That he'll grow out of before you read the end of this message. But, we're happy "clients" of Laurie's Shoes for life. The first people who could actually get shoes on Allen's feet.
Friday, January 5, 2007
Shoe success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
It's so cute to watch him walk in his little shoes! But it was so sad at first, like watching a giraffe learn to walk. He did not like them at first! But, at Laurie's Shoes, they hand out nice yellow balloons, so that helps. In no time, he was easing on down the mall halls. He was so cute, he needed his own little groovin' soundtrack.
I remember the early days of EEE shoes for Steve. THAT's why we couldn't get off the rack stuff, but at least someone cared enough to make shoes that fit!
It must be the name, we Lauries are wonderful! Of course I have Flintstone feet as well, So genetically I am sure I am partially to blame, indirectly of course.
Blake was also XW at one time but now fits into regular shoes if that makes you feel any better. Of course, Drew's feet were not XW, so he couldn't even wear the shoes we had spent $40 on.
We feel for you on the shoes...Wyatt is a double extra wide...sort of like wookie feet without the extra hair. We buy shoes at the same place you guys do...expensive yes...but well worth it. The shoes are excellent. Good choice.
Post a Comment