I paid a visit to the Colonies today (in the guise of Mrs. Ketteman's fifth-grade class), where I listened to the lively debate of patriots vs. loyalists in Emilyn's print shop. I'm proud to say she was a rabble-rouser, selling copies of "Common Sense"!!

One of her lines was emphatic: She was a patriot, not a troublemaker, and she served loyalists just as well in her shop as she did her like-minded colonists. And here it is, in black and white, on the sign: "Open to all but influenced by none." YESSSSS!

Grampy was a big fan of Thomas Paine, and he would have been very proud of the girl today. After the skits, we discussed the motives of the colonists... risk everything for freedom? Or stick with the safety and stability brought by the king? It was a fun way to explore the birth pangs of our nation. To see more photos, and a video, click here.







1 comment:
Looks like the Patriots won their case.
Post a Comment