From Steve's journal:
Last day. Got up like usual at 10:00 and went to the store. Got Horalky's and stuff. Headed down to a place that promised to have garlic soup and svickova (sweet sauerbraten). Walked around Old Town Square looking for it. ... They had no garlic soup, and the svickova was 450 Crowns. Too much, so I had the gulas. It was spicy.

After lunch we walked around and bought some other stuff. Never tried absinthe. Oh, well. Finally found a Prague Post. Then we walked some more. Got to the dinner cruise boat and waited for a while. Cruised for dinner. More gulas and this great cabbage stuff. Lots of dessert, and one last train ride home. It's now 12:05 a.m. and we're getting out of here at 8:00.

His final thoughts? Great town. Great food. Great beer. Great people. But I want a pizza.
For the rest of the photos from the gang's last day in Prague, click here.







2 comments:
Great town. Great food. Great beer. Great people. But I want a pizza.
One of the first things I always do when I come home from some place is eat a slice of New York pizza, or a (preferably) dirty water hot dog.
I had to go all the way to Prague to hear a jazz trio on a river cruise. I could have done that 20 minutes from my house.
Post a Comment