Monday, August 9, 2010

Emilyn is an Explorer !

Emilyn got her class schedule today, for sixth grade, and she's been assigned to the Explorer team, with Mr. Bradley, the Explorers' math teacher, as her "adviser," or home room teacher.

The parents' open house is this Thursday, and Emilyn's orientation is Friday from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. They do everything they can to make sure the kids are not overwhelmed by all the newness on the first day.

She's stocked up on school supplies and fancy (clearance) clothes, and ready to go! And, she's playing with marbles! (Don't ask me. This is just a picture she wanted me to take... She is, though, wearing in this picture the same shirt she wants to wear on the first day of school. Coming Aug. 17!)


Here is another excellent photo of Emilyn... She also wanted a trip to the Magic House, another place Allen and I visited on our Staycation. I didn't take many pictures that day, but I did take this very nice one of Emilyn in the garden swing, under the big tree.

No comments: