Preschool open house was Friday morning... It was great to see our teachers and some old friends: Ava, Seda, Aditi and some others are making the return this year with Allen.

But we met some new friends, too! And Nick (pictured above), I must say, shows great promise. He likes the science center, and was wearing dino Silly Bandz! He's a good talker and a good sharer... And, it appears that he just might get his hair cut at the same place as Allen! (heeheehee)
Allen found his new cubby, a few down and over from the old one, and saw that Ms. Kim had given him some graham cracker snacks and a bottle of bubbles. Of course, the bean table made its appearance... No place like the sensory table for breaking the ice among preschoolers. Allen also reacquainted himself with the reading and writing centers...

There are 18 in the red class this year. An early concern: A couple new, really little kids. I get the feeling they'll be making quite the scene as they try to get adjusted to classroom life. I have no doubt we'll be hearing many stories about those guys and girls!
When it was time to go, I told Allen to go give Ms. Kim and Ms. Marlene hugs... and he actually did it! Wow. You could tell they realized what a rare and special moment that was!
First day of preschool is Wednesday.







No comments:
Post a Comment