I guess it all started with me gasping with joy, telling my children how much I love the word "OK." I told them it was my very favorite word. It means they listened to me and are prepared to do what I said, with no argument whatsoever!
But Allen is obsessed with ranking things, and so he wants to know what my second-favorite word is. And so on. The other day, he even asked what my 10th-favorite word is! Sheesh! Anyway, the Top 5 is something like this:
1. OK
2. Love
3. Mommy
4. Beach
5. Chocolate
Now the funnest thing we do is make sentences out of these five words. "OK, I love you, chocolate beach Mommy!" "Have some chocolate at the beach, Mommy! OK? I love you!" Emilyn tried this: "You're OK, Mommy, but I love the beach! And chocolate!" Now wait a minute... We decided quickly that, because "but" is my least favorite word, that it immediately poisons any sentence, even with my favorite words. No but!







No comments:
Post a Comment