Saturday, January 29, 2011

Actin' all cheesy - in the pages of the Post

So... thanks to my good friends Norma and Carlos, I got roped into being a "model" this week!

They conceived of a cover for our food section, Let's Eat, that involved two football fans fighting over pizza... They figured a girl going after a guy's pizza would be funny... and they picked me as the most rabid female football fan in the newsroom!

Well, that's probably true. But for this shoot I had to play the role of a crazy Cheesehead Packer fan, and my colleague Rich had to play one of the Steeler faithful, defending his "Roethlis Burger" pizza. Our chief photographer, J.B. Forbes, took about 100 pictures, and of course they settled on the one where I look the most insane -- or probably because the pizza in the shot is most prominently featured. The fact that I look like a nutjob is just a side benefit!

So, here's the finished page, plus the original photo of me and Rich... Rich was such a good sport. He had to deal with my headlock plus the lights plus the hot and cramped helmet! I just had Cheesehead hair and a stained face from the green and yellow makeup.


Click the picture to see me and Rich in all our silliness... If you click the newspaper page, it'll take you to the food section of our website. Don't forget to try our Super Bowl pizza recipes!

1 comment:

Josh Renaud said...

Unfortunately, this paper either wasn't delivered to me, or is buried under snow. I'll check it out once everything thaws.