Friday, April 29, 2011

Flooding and frog

If it's April, the Meramec must be up and out of its banks...

Allen wanted to go to the "science trail," but I feared it was under water... and boy, was I right. We still took the opportunity to study a little "flood science."


We headed down to the concrete platform that is normally not very close to the river... but the water now is right up to it. I went to lean on the railing and spied what I thought was some crud... Turns out, it was a frog! Or toad. He certainly was happy in that spot, and wasn't gonna give it up for anything. So we took quite a few pictures of him.


Lots of roads are closed, and again the main artery to the southwest part of the county is shut down due to high water. I'm so glad I don't go that way to work anymore!

To see more of our pictures from the flood, click here.

No comments: