Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

It's my second Mother's Day Tea -- the annual Sorrento Springs kindergarten tradition... so time-honored that Mrs. Lupo has famously threatened to cancel the whole thing if one kid ever has a mom who can't show up. Whew. I'm glad I'm free during the day.

The kindergartners had been working for weeks on the big to-do, and you could tell they were very excited. Pink tablecloths adorned their little tables, and there were pink crowns made for the moms -- with some very interesting answers to some very interesting questions. "I think my mom looks funny when she laughs, but I can really tell she's angry when she breaks the computer" -- just an example.



I also got a flower in a really pretty pot that Allen painted. Awww.

Then came the main event: the singing! I missed the very beginning, where Allen and Kelly kind of served as emcees to welcome all the moms and thank them for coming. But the songs were all super-cute, and Allen and Kelly seemed to be the stars of the show! I kept making funny faces to keep Allen from getting upset or nervous. He did an amazing job.



Some big sisters from fifth grade helped pass out punch and Oreos (mmmmm!), and then we watched a little video where all the kids said why their mom is special. Allen got big laughs by saying, "My mom is special because she battles with me." I love that boy!

Then, I got my second "My Mom" picture, with accompanying paragraph. Nice to see and read how much I've changed in seven years!

For all the photos and videos from the Mother's Day Tea, click here.

No comments: