Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spring's eternal

Well, a month ago I wouldn't have believed it. But here's the proof:



Things are greening up on Asilomar. Or redding up, as the case may be. You can see the casualties of the cold snap, still, on every tree, but it's true: Nature finds a way. (Funny thing: This exact same picture is lead art on tomorrow's Metro front! Except I didn't take that one...)

Turning over a new leaf



3 comments:

Laurie said...

Spring is a beautiful thing...when it finally arrives. Windows are open....ahhhhh fresh air.

Anonymous said...

Check your blog and e-mail, more evidence of spring.

Kling6 said...

A sparkling raindrop dripping from one of these leaves, and it could have been lead photo on the Metro front. The japanese maple in our paper looks a lot better than mine at home. I think ours has maybe 5 new leaves. We'll see how it looks at the end of the month.