Monday, April 14, 2008

I lost 4 pounds!

OK, usually I don't get excited about things like this... But I think upping my exercise to five days a week, vs. three, is really working this time. Thanks to my New Balance shoes!

Plus, I'd also like to thank South Beach Diet 100 Calorie Snack Bars. These things are packed with fiber and protein and really keep me from feeling hungry after work. And, they're peanut butter-chocolate chip, so, there you go.

My breakfast solution is Fiber One Caramel Crunch. I used to skip breakfast to cut calories. Then, of course, by lunch I was starving. I started buying this cereal while we were at the beach, and it's really yummy.

So, fiber, protein and more exercise. These are my recommendations. We'll see how I do in two weeks, when I have Weigh Day again.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Or maybe it's the avocados! I eat guacamole at least three times a week, and I just found out avocados are central to Dr. Manny Alvarez's "Hot Latin Diet"!

Anonymous said...

Whatever works....good shoes make exercising less painful, 100-calorie packs automatically control how much, and breakfast of any kind is a standard for NOT being starving by lunch! You're doing all the right things. keep it up. By the way, is there a reason other than I want to look and feel my best?

Jennie said...

Just trying to get back to pre-Allen weight. I've set a manageable target date of Allen's third birthday. That seems long enough to me. (Only four pounds to go, but I'll stick with it until Allen's birthday to see how far I get.)

Anonymous said...

That is MORE than manageable (sp?). That's five more months. You'll go beyond your goal. Can't wait to see the new you!

Anonymous said...

P.S. the Girl Scout Lemon Cremes are to die for and should be included in ANY well-rounded (no pun intended) diet. Also, the Fiber One cereal sounds great. I expect I'll try it. I get the Fiber One bars.

Unknown said...

If guac is central to the diet, I may be tempted!

Anonymous said...

I didnt now you were looking to loose more weight.
Great job

Jennie said...

Just trying to re-lose the weight I already lost. I'm so close now that I already feel much better. Going to stick with it until September, though! (and probably stick with the exercise for life.)