I don't talk a lot about work here... It's pretty much unethical, and I sure don't want any trouble. But, spreading the love for the paper and STLtoday.com, our website, is A-OK, I think.
The Weatherbird is the Post-Dispatch's page one cartoon. He's been on the front page of the paper for over 100 years. One of the singular duties of the copy desk is to come up with the "birdline," the bird's comment on the headlines of the day. It's a fun, free-association, bad-pun session that keeps our minds sharp.
Anyway, a lot of people at work are spreading the word about our online products, and coming up with some cool new toys in the process. My friend Erica is leading the way on Facebook, and she came up with this cool "widget" (that's what they call a Web tool that you can paste into your website or blog) that features the Weatherbird from days past, plus the birdline. I've posted it here on The Crabbe Trap, in the left-hand column about halfway down. If you click on the birdline, it'll take you to that day's Weatherbird on STLtoday.com.
Just gives you another chance to see what it is that I do all night.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
The Weatherbird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I clicked on Weatherbird, and got the blog item about STLtoday. I went to the paper's website, but couldn't find the Weatherbird.
Post a Comment