Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The I's (almost) have it!

A breakthrough in the last week or so... Allen is using his "I's"! Now, he uses "I" almost more than he does "you." We're pretty proud of the little guy! Of course, his little toddler pleadings seemed cuter when they started out "You want a..."

He's sick right now. Bad fever last night and this morning. But he's feeling better this afternoon. Even playing and talking and running almost like normal. This morning when I picked him up out of the crib, he felt fresh out of the oven. And he has one red ear. Just the outside rim. It's red and hot. Well, it was red and hot. Now it's pink and warm. We're keeping an eye on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just occurred to me, maybe a spider bite or some other small creature?

Jennie said...

Beats me! He got better the same day, and all better the next day. We struck a blow against antibiotic resistance, I guess.

Unknown said...

Ooh, don't say spider bite...just read an article last week about a brown recluse bite...Hope he is A-ok now!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I didn't like suggesting a spider bite, but the red outer ear seemed like the result of SOME kind of bite. But I'm glad it wasn't anything so dramatic.