Saturday, September 8, 2007

BIGGER fun at the Bubble Picnic

It's that time of year again... time for the Bubble Picnic at the Parkway Early Childhood Center. (No pictures, sorry. I'm temporarily out of memory. But here's what it looked like last year.)

Last year, little Allen had a blast. This time, even though rain forced the event inside, he had even BIGGER fun! Now that he can move around like a big boy, he enjoyed:

Making a little paper plate bubble and tacking it up on the wall; making a suncatcher out of plastic lids; playing in the ball pool; crawling and jumping in the gym; shaking his sillies out; running balls down a ramp; playing with puff balls and a muffin tin; scrubbing up some tiny farm animals; playing with little round stickers; and smooshing up some shaving cream! (And now we all smell manly.)

Whew! Emilyn and I had fun, too. We saw Miss Julie and Miss Lisa. Miss Jean and Miss Pat said they remembered Emilyn from her preschool days. She remembered how much fun she had as a preschooler. Especially in the sensory tables!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO PICTURES.....what the f@#%, its called a throwaway and cost 5 bucks!

Anonymous said...

Of course then I had to go back and look at all the old pictures.....very cool.
So was that Chiululy at the Butterfly house? Maybe your vine is a Chiululy?

Jennie said...

Chihuly at the Botanical Garden. It was so cool. When we went back for the Japanese Festival, there were a few still left over that I think the city bought.

Anonymous said...

you sure you spelled that right i thought there were more l's and u's
so about the vine....did you drop a soda bottle in the bushes?

Anonymous said...

I am on his mailing list now, I wish I had looked at his website sooner cause he has an exhibit @ Pittsburghs Botanical Gardens 'til November, and since we were just in South Fork, we could have gone...damn.
and of cousre YOU spelled it right .
What was I thinking?