I visit New York City way more now than I ever did when I lived 19 miles away!
We all wanted the kids to have another shot at seeing the American Museum of Natural History, so that was definitely on the agenda during our trip. And Grandma got free passes from the library! Sweet! (Good thing, too, 'cause parking is atrocious!)
We thought a Friday morning might be a good choice... Well, school is still in in New York, and there were buses and children aplenty.
I feel sooo Midwestern now. I feel like I'm always in somebody's way when I visit New York. "Sorry, excuse me... Sorry!" So I was feeling rushed and bullied the whole time, but it was fun... We saw the sequoia that was 1,300 years old, a giant model of a mosquito, and the kids loved the Hall of Minerals, the Hall of Gems and the Hall of Ocean Life! Emilyn really loved the opals -- her birthstone!

By the time we got to the fourth-floor's dinosaurs, though, we were pretty much out of gas. As Grampy would say, "This would be a great place... if it weren't for all these kids!"
To see the rest of our shots from our day at the museum, click here.







No comments:
Post a Comment