Friday, June 15, 2012

'' If I can't eat svickova or cream donuts . . .''

Boy, impressing this man on his birthday is sure hard since Prague.

But, I gave it a shot. I bought him a Shop-Vac (for cutting his hair) and a big garbage can on wheels (to avoid the rental fee that the trash company charges) -- with a jaunty red bow! -- and had him pick where he wanted to go eat.

He chose Bacana Brasil... the all-you-can-eat Brazilian meat place. We headed off, took a loooong detour around road construction, only got a little lost, and then -- found out the Brazilian place was closed for good. When did that happen? Harumph!

What to do? Daddy chose another favorite, Espino's, home of the make-your-own s'mores.

How does it feel to be turning 42? Tasty!



We ordered the flaming cheese appetizer... and the s'mores... and we asked the waitress if there was anything else on the menu she could set on fire for us.

(Earlier in the day, Emilyn and her friend Celine had rehearsal for All-State Choir, coming up in July! Stay tuned!)

No comments: