Thursday, June 14, 2012

Staycation - Magic by night

On Daddy's birthday eve, he fortified us all with his homemade chicken marsala (and please, ask him about the crunchy broccoli).

I had purchased tickets for my main goal of Staycation: the Lantern Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden. I borrowed a tripod from my good friend Ron and was ready to take some pictures!! In the dark!!

We got there before dark and milled around with at least two bus-fuls of tourists... There were quite a few senior citizens.

Then, at 8, the lights came on! Amazing!




I was learning on the fly the best way to capture the details on each lantern... It was hard to see how intricate they were in a wide-angle photo. They really were magical, though. Such an amazing amount of work obviously went into each one. An incredible undertaking!




The special exhibits at the garden are really one of the great treasures of living in St. Louis. I wish you all could have seen it in person, but I hope our photos are the next best thing. For all our shots from the Lantern Festival, click here.

No comments: