So, yeah, the stomach bug was not the present I'd planned on getting, and it is now 1.5 degrees outside, but I am OH-SO-GLAD to be 37!
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes... Thanks to Ellen and Jeanne for the cards and gifts. My family got me a wireless mouse for my laptop (currently still trying to make that work...). We went out to Oberweis for ice cream (since my weigh-in was such a success!). The ice cream was good, but getting up and around was totally draining.
A special bonus came in the afternoon when I learned that my friend at work, Josh, and his wife, Yoli, had had their third baby girl that morning! We share a birthday! She's sweet... Her name is Josie Miriel.
I don't think about birthdays as getting older... Since Mom and Dad died, particularly, I have begun to realize that each day is a precious gift and to complain about getting older is, well, kinda sacrilegious.
So, in celebration of my life, and life in general, I ask you to go out and hug someone you love! Tell them what they mean to you! And find the beauty in all things around you... even the frost on a FRIGID winter's day.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
NOT the birthday I'd planned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
so many snarky comments come to mind...I will refain from all and say only that I love you and consider yourself hugged!
just do not send me any "angel" type chain emails okay!
sis Laurie
Hope you're feeling better by now. Does the wireless mouse mean you don't have to 'touch-move' the 'wheel' on the laptop? As you can see, I don't know much about laptops!
Life is precious; unfortunately we sometimes get to be reminded in sad ways. We, in general, take so many things for granted.
I never send those chain e-mails!!! And I'm allowed to be a little bit smarmy on my birthday. Mom's ghost showed you! Nyah!
Post a Comment